Reading mode: Light Dark

Outdoor photography

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Plush Photo Regular Member • Posts: 214
Outdoor photography

The idea of shooting outdoors sounds exciting, however I do have questions about it that have kept me hesitant from doing it.

When you shoot outdoors, do you need some kind of permit, permission or license for that?  Do you get looks or stares (unwanted attention) from the public?  Are you concerned about security of your gear?  And do you shoot alone, or do you go out with other photographers, models, friends, etc.?

I've had ideas to shoot at a playground, for example, but I've been hesitant to bring my toys and gear out there because I know how uneasy it could make parents with their kids.  I'd just want to get the shots, pack up and move on, but I could see it being a real scene especially if I was shooting there alone.

In public parks, I concerned myself with dogs, as I've seen a lot of people bring their dogs to the park without a leash.  I wouldn't want a dog to grab one of my plush toys or something.

And I've thought of shooting at an amusement park or a festival.  I'm more of an introvert irl so I'd really like to get the right shots without garnering too much attention and fielding questions.

That's why I'm asking, what has your experience been shooting outdoors?  Do you feel comfortable doing that or are you (like me) more comfortable in a studio environment?

Plush Photo

Plush Photo's gear list:Plush Photo's gear list
Panasonic G85
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow